Saturday, August 11, 2007

What's Up?

Well I've been quite busy lately. I took a break from sewing after the summer workshop ended, but now I'm gearing up for class which is starting soon. The preview is on Monday, September 10 at 6 pm. The classes start the following week at the usual 6 - 9 pm time. The Redwood City rec book has the times listed backwards, with the preview showing at 3 hours long and the classes at 1 hour long. However, rest assured, the times are as usual, it was a mis-print in the book.


My mother-in-law, Marlene, is turning 75 this month, and she is throwing herself a party! Lance and I, and Lance's brother Steve are helping, and last weekend I made a picture collage to have out on a table. First it was just going to be some pictures on a poster board, but five trips to Michael's later, it is a little more fancy. I actually scrapped some plans to make it fancier due to time constraints. Here is a picture of the result. We got a bunch of old pictures and scanned them for the board (no actual pictures were harmed in the making of this project...).

The other big thing going on is that we are going on vacation in a couple of weeks!!! I am SO excited. We are driving up to southern Oregon for a week. Two days in Grant's Pass, two days at the Oregon Caves, and two days in Ashland to see some plays. My goal is to blog from the road every day, but we'll see how that goes.

But for now, keep quilting!!

No comments: