Sunday, January 11, 2009

Stash Busting 2009 - Week 2

Bear has decided to help me out with my stash busting efforts. I wonder what he's working on...

Okay, so I really didn't think I'd fall off of the stash busting wagon so early in the year, but I didn't realize that my local fabric shop was having a 40% off sale last week until I happened to be in there on the last day for a block-of-the-month meeting. Now I ask you, how can anyone pass up 40% off at a quilt shop??? I do have to say that I was really good though. I only bought a couple of neutrals that I can use for backgrounds for the scrap/stash quilts that I am planning to make this year. Another plan of mine is to make the Block of the Month quilt that is being featured for members of The Quilt Show. It is a wonderful medallion quilt with a feathered star center. I strolled around the store looking for fabrics for that quilt, but then decided that I would try to make the entire thing from my stash. Yay me!!

I may have bought two pieces of fabric on Saturday, but I also just finished a project for class that used a bunch of pieces from my stash. I started it late last year, but since I just finished it this weekend (and I need some motivation) I'm going to count it "out" this week. So my final figures are as follows:

Fabric in this week: 6 yards
Fabric out this week: 2 yards

Fabric in this year: 6 yards
Fabric out this year: 2 yards

1 comment:

Lori in South Dakota said...

sale fabric is always good!! And you always have to have some stash so you can use it.