Sunday, February 22, 2009

Stash Busting 2009 - Week 8

Okay, I finally busted some stash!! Unfortunately, I added some, too. But how can you pass up a gift of fabric? I may not have bought it, but it did get added to my stash, so it must be counted. I finished one quilt top today for the next class session, which used the fabric that I bought last week. Yesterday my mom and sister and I had lunch together at a little restaurant which just happened to be near two quilt shops. I picked up some fabric for my Dear Jane project -- which I promise I will be starting soon!

Fabric in this week: 2.5 yards
Fabric out this week: 2.75 yards

Fabric in this year: 11.5 yards
Fabric out this year: 3.75 yard

3 comments:

Lori in South Dakota said...

isn't gifted fabric fun??

Vicki H. said...

Oh boy do I love gift fabrics. I want to try a Dear Jane next year. It is my goal to bust my stash so I can collect fabrics for that project. You piecing is fantastic!!

Scrappy-Quilter said...

I agree - how can a quilter pass up fabric as a gift? it's like asking a child if they want chocolate or ice cream right?