Sunday, May 31, 2009

Stash Busting 2009 - Week 22

I finally worked out the color chart for my Dear Jane quilt. Because I will not be making the blocks in any particular order, I needed to know what color each block will be before I start. For some reason this has really been a road block for me. People have been asking me how the quilt is going and it was getting pretty embarrassing to say that I hadn't even started yet. But now I'm all set and have the first few patterns printed as well. There is a wonderful blog called "That Quilt" that gives incredible instructions on how to make each block, with step by step instructions and pictures too. She features two blocks a week. If I had been following along, I'd have half the quilt done already!

Below is the bolt of background fabric that I got for this project. It's the first bolt of fabric I have ever bought! Now I need to crack it open and start using it. Let's see how long it takes me to do that! It's so nice and pristine right now...

On the stashbusting front, still no busts. I have so many things from stash that are partially finished, but I can't count them out until the tops are done. So, same old story from me -- nothing out, nothing in. At least I'm not going backwards in these "non-productive" weeks. For now, anyway.

Fabric in this week: 0 yards
Fabric out this week: 0 yards

Fabric in this year: 13.00 yards
Fabric out this year: 11.75 yards

1 comment:

Mary-Kay said...

Are you doing the Dear Jane in the colours so it looks like a trip around the world-ish? Does that make sense? Anyway I have the book but haven't started to even think about my colour scheme. I wonder how long that will take me. Good luck with Dear Jane and I look forward to seeing your progress.