Sunday, June 28, 2009

Stash Busting 2009 - Week 26

This news is only a week late, but Matthew and Lily got married last weekend. They had a wonderful ceremony in the redwood grove at the Berkeley Botanical Gardens. Lance officiated the ceremony and I thought it went really nicely. Lily was just beautiful.

Here's a picture of the ceremony. We were concerned because there was no sound amplification allowed, and we thought maybe people wouldn't be able to hear Lance speaking, but he had everyone sit as close as possible (why do people always sit towards the back first?), and it turned out just fine.

Last Saturday (the day before the wedding), my friend Lori had invited the ladies from class to go up to her house to sew. She has a wonderful house with lots of light and room to sew. We sewed and ate and chatted for hours. I had a great time. I did all the cutting on a quilt for the next class session and was able to make all of the blocks. Yesterday I was able to put all of the blocks together, and I picked up some fabric for the borders. I really wanted to put those borders on today, but wasn't able to get to it. I think I'll count the stash out for the body of the quilt, and I'll count out the borders next week (provided I get them on the quilt by then).

Fabric in this week: 1.33 yards
Fabric out this week: 3.00 yards

Fabric in this year: 19.83 yards
Fabric out this year: 15.75 yards

No comments: