Monday, August 24, 2009

Stash Busting - Week 34


Well, as promised, I'm confessing my fabric purchase this week. Although I try to use lots of different types of prints, my usual color pallette seems to be darker, fall colors. But I've been seeing quilters posting pictures of their creations using these new, brighter colors, and they've really been growing on me. When I saw the Hopscotch collection at the Fat Quarter Shop, I just couldn't resist. In the past, fabrics that I've seen and was interested in ended up not being available when I wanted to purchase them, so I decided to just go for it this time. I already have a project in mind for them, too! I'm thinking that once class starts, this will be the next project that I work on. I have two other quilts in my head just waiting to be made, too! The bundle had 14 fat quarters, which is 3 1/2 yards of fabric. Yikes!

I did finish the second quilt top for class, which was all made from scraps and stash. I need to plug it into EQ so that I can calculate how much yardage I used, but I won't have time to do that for a couple of days. I'll count that yardage out next week.

Fabric in this week: 3.50 yards
Fabric out this week: 0.00 yards

Fabric in this year: 32.16 yards
Fabric out this year: 29.50 yards

No comments: