Sunday, January 10, 2010

Stash Busting 2010 - Week 2

The winter session of the quilting class starts soon. The preview is tomorrow night, Monday, January 11, 2010 at 6:00 pm at the Redwood City Veterans Building. Anyone local and interested should stop by, see the new projects and pick up the supply lists. The nine-patch quilt along that I had been working on is finally complete except for the binding. It was quite a challenge to take a picture of a quilt that large. I tried putting it on my bed, but as you can see above, that posed its own problem. I keep forgetting who really runs this house! Anyhow, you can see it in person tomorrow night at the preview (without the cat).

As for stash-busting, I have nothing to report this week. I pieced the back of a small wall hanging, but I'll count that out when I put the layers together, which should be in the next week. So no fabric in or out this week. I'm holding steady!

Fabric added this week: 0 yards
Fabric used this week: 0 yards

Fabric added this year: 2.50 yards
Fabric used this year: 5.50 yards

Total stash used in 2010: 3.00 yards

4 comments:

Robin said...

Oooo... your 9-patch looks stunning! And it's kitty-approved to boot. Can't beat that!

Sunshine said...

Love the colours/prints you used in the 9-patch - they're all so rich. I've seen 9-patches pop up everywhere since last year's quilt-alongs, but I have to say I like yours by far the best, mostly because of the different layout - wish I had overlapped the rows like that in a 9-patch I pieced a few months ago, sigh... next time!! Great idea!

Cheers,
Christine

http://cuttingedgequilt.blogspot.com/

Lori in South Dakota said...

Thanks for the idea on how to set some 9 patches I have. I had mine completely offset, and didn't really like it.

Akhilesh pal blog said...

very good