Friday, March 18, 2011

Featherweight Parts


For 20 years I pretty much exclusively sewed on an old Singer Featherweight, as a lot of quilters do.  A couple of years ago I graduated to a "big girl" sewing machine - a Bernina Aurora 440QE - which I use at home.  But I still use my Featherweight in classes and any time I sew outside the home.

Lots of ladies in class also have Featherweights and ask me about parts and maintenance.  I can never remember off the top of my head where it is that I bought parts online, but I have finally looked it up again for reference (theirs and mine).


I have no affiliation with this site, but am just a satisfied customer.  I shop at 221parts.com.  They pretty much have anything you might need for a featherweight.  I bought a new foot pedal for my machine because I find the one that comes standard with it to be terribly difficult to use.  Also - ever lost a bobbin case?  They have those, and 1/4" feet too.

They also have the chart for dating your machine, which is kind of fun.  I'm sure there are lots of places to buy parts and accessories for a featherweight - I'm just recommending 221parts.com because I've been happy with my purchases there in the past.

No comments: