Monday, August 22, 2011

Design Wall Monday 08/22/11


I have pumpkins on my design wall today.  I'm designing a fall-themed project and I made the first one as a six inch (finished) square, but after it was finished, I decided that it was a little too small for what I had planned.  So I started over and made another one at a 7 1/2" square. This should work out much better.  I had also forgotten to mirror the image the first time around, so I fixed that on the second one.  I lucked out and this pumpkin block was already in my EQ7 software, so I didn't have to design it from scratch. I have a second block just about finished already.  Other than today I haven't done much sewing lately, and now I feel really motivated to get this project finished.  It helps that I cleaned my sewing area yesterday - so nice to have room to work!

Check out Judy L's blog for more design walls!

5 comments:

Jane said...

Really cute. Nicely done!

kwiltnkats said...

I've been making pumpkins too! It's great that just making two blocks can get your juices going to finish! Looking forward to seeing what else goes with the pumpkins. Sandi

Quilty Conscience said...

Love these pumpkins! I think I have to try some! Thanks! Toni

Chris said...

Sure are cute.

Vicki H. said...

The pumpkins are very cute. I am so pleased with EQ, I find that I don't have to do so many test patterns and I love the foundation piecing!