Monday, August 29, 2011

Design Wall Monday - 08/29/11


I have a couple more pumpkins on my design wall today.  The one on the left was already complete last week.  I made another pieced block on the right and an applique block in the middle.  This one still needs to be stitched down and then trimmed (the block is oversized right now).  I also have two leaf blocks (not shown) that will be part of this project.  The applique pumpkin is a little plain, so I might add some embroidered lines to give it a little definition.  Unless I run out of time!  This one is coming along nicely.  I think the thing that is taking the most time is figuring out which fabric I want to use for each part.  I guess that's the hazard of having such a big stash - too many choices!!

Check out Judy L's blog to see what other people are working on this week!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Love the pumpkins - you'll be ready for fall!

kwiltnkats said...

Looks great. Sandi

Quilter Kathy said...

Fun fun fun...enjoy every minute...even the fabric selecting part!

Quilty Conscience said...

I need me some pumpkins! Yours are wonderful! Toni

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a cute variety of pumpkins!