Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Tuesday, November 08, 2011
I can't believe I've been so busy at work and home that I forgot that Handmade Holidays began on 11/01/11 over at Sew! Mama! Sew! Every day in November they have lists of tutorials, recipes, project inspiration and prizes. Every year I love to check in and see what they have for us. It's lots of fun and I've found some great tutorials there. Go check it out and don't forget to go back to the posts that have already posted so you don't miss anything!!
Monday, November 07, 2011
Foundation paper piecing never looks like much before the sections are all sewn together. Above is what I am currently working on. Not very exciting! It will eventually be a Dear Jane block. It's another one of the simpler ones. I really need to start on the difficult ones so that they are not all left to the end.
Check out Judy L's blog to see what everyone else is working on this week!
Sunday, November 06, 2011
I finished the project from Mystery Mondays (pictured above) and I'm super happy with it! Unfortunately, I rushed through the binding and as a result, I'm not really happy with how that part turned out. But it's done. I haven't finished a project to completion for quite a while and this has really motivated me. It was just a little side project in between the other things I'm working on, so it's kind of a bonus piece. All of a sudden I have a cute table topper that's completely finished. I chose to do it in a Halloween theme, so I probably should put it away until next year, but I think I'll leave it out for a while so I can admire it. It's fairly small, but I think I'll count 3/4 yard out of the stash. That's probably a little generous, but it motivates me to bust more stash!
Fabric in this week: 0.00 yards
Fabric out this week: 0.75 yards
Fabric in this year: 38.75 yards
Fabric out this year: 8.75 yards
Go to Judy L's blog to see how other people are doing!
Tuesday, November 01, 2011
I also finished F3 this weekend. This was a fairly simple block, so I thought I'd use a directional print fabric for it. Wouldn't you know I flipped two of the outer triangles and got them going the wrong direction! So I had to pull those off and make new ones. In the end it looks like it wouldn't be noticeable becuase they are so small, but at least I know they are correct now!
I have two completed Dear Jane blocks to share today. This is C10, which was in pieces in yesterday's post. I had a heck of a time putting this together. I had to take out several seams and re-sew. It seems pretty straightforward, but sometimes you just have days like that. I think it turned out wonderfully - well worth the effort. I scan my blocks in a scanner to get these pictures, and the only thing I don't like about that is the shadows it puts in the block. It looks wrinkly with dark spots, but the real thing looks great.
One more block to follow shortly!