Monday, July 30, 2012

Deign Wall Monday 07/30/12

I have the Great Granny Along blocks on my Design Wall again this week.  I was only able to make one more block (on the left).  I tend to agonize over color placement when I make blocks like this.  There is a huge pile of assorted Jelly Roll strips on my table, but I can't seem to decide on what I like.  It's all essentially scraps - leftover fabric from other projects - so I should just start putting them together, and if I don't like how they turn out, they go into the orphan block pile.  I need to be a lot more free when I do my piecing.  I'd certainly get a lot more finished!

Be sure to check out Judy L's blog and see what is on everyone's Design Walls today!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh yes!! I like these!! This is on my want-to-do list.

Vicki H. said...

I had so much fun making my grannies I think I may buy a jelly roll because now I know what I can do with it! Love your blocks.

Sue Daurio said...

The only thing better than a Granny block is a Great Granny block. Yours look great! Doesn't look like there was any agonizing at all :)