Monday, June 17, 2013

Design Wall Monday 06/17/13

A few more hexagon flowers are done.  I'll add these to the (short) pile I've made.  The one on the lower right has a couple of different fabrics in it.  I'm trying to use my scraps, but a lot of times the scraps are too small to make six hexagons.  So I experimented with mixing fabrics.  I think it looks pretty cute that way.  The one at the top uses a fabric I thought would be too busy for the small hexagon, but I like how that one turned out too!  I'm going to get a little bolder with my fabric choices now that I know these two worked.



Tonight is the last night for my quilting class until September.  I taught the wall hanging above this session.  It is just a quilt top, but I really want to hang this in my office, so now I'll work on layering it up and doing a little quilting.  I'll start with some stitch in the ditch to outline the shapes, and then maybe I'll try something a little more creative in the background spaces.

It really is square, but the corners folded in at the bottom when I took the picture.  It measures approximately 31" square.

Be sure to check out Judy L's blog to see what everyone else is working on today!

2 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

OOHH! Those hexi's are just darling!

Robin said...

I think this is the first time I actually followed your link to Judy L's blog... wow! She's got a lot of fun stuff on there. I'm looking forward to reading more.

As always-- beautiful hexxies! :)