A few more hexagon flowers are done. I'll add these to the (short) pile I've made. The one on the lower right has a couple of different fabrics in it. I'm trying to use my scraps, but a lot of times the scraps are too small to make six hexagons. So I experimented with mixing fabrics. I think it looks pretty cute that way. The one at the top uses a fabric I thought would be too busy for the small hexagon, but I like how that one turned out too! I'm going to get a little bolder with my fabric choices now that I know these two worked.
Tonight is the last night for my quilting class until September. I taught the wall hanging above this session. It is just a quilt top, but I really want to hang this in my office, so now I'll work on layering it up and doing a little quilting. I'll start with some stitch in the ditch to outline the shapes, and then maybe I'll try something a little more creative in the background spaces.
It really is square, but the corners folded in at the bottom when I took the picture. It measures approximately 31" square.
Be sure to check out Judy L's blog to see what everyone else is working on today!