Monday, July 01, 2013

Design Wall Monday 07/01/13


So I've been working a few more of these blocks.  They are called Window Pane Disappearing Nine Patch (D9P) blocks.  First you start with making a nine-patch block with sashing strips to look like a tic-tac-toe block.  I used charm pack squares (5" squares) and 1 1/2" cut sashing strips (1" finished).


Next you cut the block in half horizontally and vertically.


Then you twist and turn the quarters to make a new block.  It looks like you did a lot of piecing, but it was actually very easy.  I've used up one charm pack already, which makes 4 blocks (16 quarters).  I have another pack of the same fabric to make more blocks.  Then I'll put them together to make a small quilt.

You can go here to see the video tutorial for this pattern.

This is what is on my Design Wall today.  Go to Judy L's blog to see what everyone else is working on today!

2 comments:

Churn Dash said...

Those are really cute! I don't like sashing much but this might tempt me.

Robin said...

I just tried disappearing 9-patch for the first time. It really is a fun technique-- and adding the sashing definitely takes it to another level! Neat block!