Monday, February 02, 2015

Design Wall Monday 02/02/15


I'm back!  I've been down with another cold.  This is the second one since Christmas.  I don't know if it is a particularly bad strain, or if I'm just getting old, but I am having a heck of a time recovering.  As they say, I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired!  But I seem to be mostly mended now.  I did have to take a nap yesterday, which I never do.  I'm looking forward to a more productive week this week.  The last two weeks have been mostly a loss.

On a "brighter" note, my husband replaced the lights in my sewing room with "true light" LED bulbs.  Oh man what a difference!  It is like noon on a summer day in there no matter what time it is.  My picture above isn't yellow like the previous pics.  I couldn't be happier.

The top block above is the one I showed in my last post.  It is the January mystery block from Pat Sloan.  February's pattern should be released today.  The lower block is the Block Lottery block for my class tonight.  I hand out the pattern and each student can make one or more if they wish.  For every block they make, their name will be thrown in a hat and I will draw on the last class.  The winner gets all of the blocks.  I flipped through some books and found the one above, called Amish Square.  I like it!

Be sure to check out Judy L's blog to see what is on everyone's Design Walls today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like both of these blocks, but the colors in the second block are very nice.