I did some power sewing this weekend! The blocks on the design wall above are all separate in the picture, but are one complete quilt top right now. I moved around a couple of blocks after the picture was taken. I did manage to turn one block in the bottom row on Saturday night, which got sewn into the quilt top. I had to un-sew three sides to get it turned the right way again. Urgh! This quilt it a departure for me. I usually work on a much smaller scale and prefer to work on smaller pieces. The colors are not my norm either. I thought I'd try something new and not be so predictable. I will be teaching this one in my quilting class that starts tonight!
Above is what I had to pull off my design wall in order to work on the quilt at the top of the blog. I got the last of the blocks of the runner sewn together and the border sewn on. Eventually there will be brown binding on the runner to frame it. I may also trim down the border a little bit before I bind it. I'll see how it looks on the table after quilting and make my decision then. I will also be teaching this project in tonight's class.
Be sure to check out Judy L's blog to see what everyone has on their design walls today!