Monday, June 15, 2015

Design Wall Monday 06/15/15


I made two more blocks for the Farm Girl Vintage sew along (above).  I have three more blocks cut out to work on tonight.  That should bring me up to date with the rest of the sew along.  Below is how they all look together.  It's a lot of fun.  For me, I spend more time choosing fabrics and cutting than I do sewing.


I've had a few comments from people who like the colors I've chosen. It's a little bit of a departure for me.  I tend to work in darker or more muted tones.  But I really seem to be more into bright colors these days, so I thought I'd use them for this project.  At the end of last year, I had bought four charm packs of "Fancy" by Lily Ashbury for Moda (below) for a project that didn't end up happening.  This is primarily what I'm using for this project.  I do need some bigger pieces that I can't get from a charm pack, so I've been adding from my own stash as needed.  There is no purple in the pack, so I'm also adding some of that in the blocks I'm making tonight.  I needed a little bit more variety than what was in the pack, but I'm sticking with those colors for the most part.  I love how it's turning out!!


Be sure to check out Judy L's blog to see what everyone is working on today!

No comments: