Monday, June 22, 2015

Design Wall Monday 06/22/15


I'm plugging away on the Farm Girl Vintage blocks.  Above are all of the blocks I have completed.  The only one not finished to keep up with the sew along is the house block.  There are a lot of pieces in that block and I need to concentrate on it.  My weekend ended up being busier than I had anticipated, so I'll work on it this week.  The blocks I added since last week are below, starting with the basket block.  I love the way Lori Holt writes her instructions.  This block went together so easily!


Next up is Farm Fresh Flower.  I fussy cut the center with the same motif as the Churn Dash block from a couple of weeks ago.  The flower fits in the middle square perfectly.  Which is nice because it is a large-ish print for the small blocks I'm making.  Because I'm using a charm pack, I'm having trouble using some of the larger scale prints.  The ones that I can't use in the blocks will be cut up for the cornerstones in the sashing at the end.


And finally the Crops block.   I really like this one, but I'm a little bummed that i turned the yellow leaf around.  I had wanted the darker of the two yellows to be toward the bottom.  I won't fix it though.  It doesn't bother me that much!


Be sure to check out Judy L's blog to see what everyone is working on today!

1 comment:

Ramona said...

Your fabric choices are wonderful! The colors just pop.