Monday, July 20, 2015

Design Wall Monday 07/20/15


Two more blocks added to the Design Wall today!  These are from the Farm Girl Vintage sew along.  I'm having a great time with these little 6" blocks, and they have reinvigorated my desire to sew.  I am determined to keep up with this sew along. A lot of times in the past I would get hung up on choosing colors or finishing a difficult block, and I would stall on sew alongs - never finishing the projects.  But my desire to keep up with this one has pushed me to make decisions more quickly and I'm loving it!  I haven't been disappointed with any color or construction decisions I've made for this quilt.  Hopefully this will carry over to future projects.

Below is the Haystack block.  I was able to fussy cut the center to match two other blocks.  They are all the same motif, but different color ways.


Next was the Kettle's On! block.  The print for the teapot did not come from the charm packs I've been using because the piece is slightly larger than what I could cut from a 5" square.  I do love the print, though, and have used it in the Baking Day block also.


One more block to make to be caught up until the next blocks are presented on Friday.  It's a pretty simple block, so I should have no problem getting that one finished in time.

Be sure to check out Judy L's blog to see what everyone has on their design walls today!

2 comments:

Robin said...

Looking good! The colors are so happy. :)

Julie Kaye from KS said...

Your blocks are looking terrific. Love your fabrics. I've been afraid to start that quilt for fear my stash fabrics won't work for it. Have fun!