Monday, October 12, 2015

Design Wall Monday 10/12/15



I'm back in the sewing saddle!  I was able to clear off my design wall and put the Farm Girl Vintage blocks back up there.  Looking good!  I guess my little sewing break was longer than I thought - the sew along is over now and I'm still 12 blocks short.  There are 45 in the sampler, and it looks like I have 33 finished.  This weekend I decided to go out of order to ease back into sewing. I made the Simple Star block below.  Now I have some design decisions to make.  For example, I need to decide if I am going to make the Strawberry block pink like it is in the book, or red.  Pink would balance out the colors in the quilt more, but I am not sure if I have enough different pinks to make a whole strawberry block.  I have lots of red fabrics, but there is a lot of red in the quilt already. We'll see how it turns out...


I did also make a sunflower block for my husband.  He has a variety of little quilts I've made him in his cubicle at work, but wanted something to represent summer.  He chose this block from the book a while ago and I've finally put it together. Now to trim the edges, do some light quilting and then bind.  This is a 6" block.


Be sure to check out Judy L's blog to see what everyone else has on their design walls today!

2 comments:

Shari said...

Your Farm Girl is adorable.

Threeundertwo said...

Your quilt is wonderful. I think you'd be fine going with reds! It's really lovely.