Monday, October 19, 2015

Design Wall Monday 10/19/15


I went to the annual Pacific International Quilt Festival (PIQF) on Saturday. Another amazing show.  I've been to this show every year except once years ago when they were changing venues and they held it in Palm Springs.  I usually go on Sunday when it is not as crowded. However, this is the first year that the 49ers have played at their new stadium, which is right next door!  They had a home game on Sunday and I wouldn't have been able to get anywhere near the show.  As it was, on Saturday the show was so packed that the parking garage for the convention center where it is held was completely full, and I was turned around to the main parking garage for the stadium.  It was a little bit of a hike to get back to the show, but it was worth it in the end.  I snapped a picture of the fabric at one of the vendor booths (above).  It reminds me of buckets of flowers at a farmer's market.  If there was a fabric you needed, you were going to find it at this show.  This was just one booth.  I spent a little more than I intended, but not excessively so.  I was already going to restock on the Superior thread that I like for piecing, so I save some shipping costs and bought it at the show.  A few fat quarters, a few patterns...


On Sunday I did a little sewing.  I finished another Farm Girl Vintage block (above).  I'm getting there slowly but surely.  I also got the postage stamp block all cut and arranged.  That one has 36 squares to make the 6" block.  I am so undecided when it comes to colors that it took longer than it should have to get that one cut out.  Now all I need to do is piece it together.  I also made some prizes for the ladies in my class who completed a summer challenge. They weren't difficult to make, but time consuming.  A lot of ladies finished the challenge this year!  I'll try to grab a picture of those and post next time.

Be sure to check out Judy L's blog to see what is on everyone's design walls today!

2 comments:

Kat said...

What a cute little block! Perfect for fall.

Robin said...

They really do look like baskets of flowers! What a great description. Love the leafy block, too. That quilt is going to be amazing-- you are picking some seriously awesome fabrics. :)