Monday, November 23, 2015

Design Wall Monday 11/23/15


I'm determined to get my Farm Girl Vintage quilt top finished by the end of the year!  It is really nice having the blocks cut out - I was able to sit down and sew these three blocks in no time at all on Saturday.  I had even marked the backs of the triangle squares already.  I still haven't made the Strawberry block, but I have most of it cut out.  I decided to make it in reds rather than pinks.


I did make a change the the block below on the fly.  I had cut out the yellow out of a gold print, but it was too much the same value as the pink in the center. So I opted for a lighter yellow.


Sunday was all about finishing a quilt before Thanksgiving.  I  just did some ditch quilting and then put a binding on fully by machine.  I am not great at these two things and I'm a little disappointed with how it turned out.  But I know I am being too hard on myself - I don't think anyone will notice the flaws that I see.  It's just frustrating to spend so many hours on something and not be happy with the result.  This is a quilt I was making for my husband's grandmother, but she passed away while I was still making it.  I decided to finish the quilt and donate it to the home where she was staying.  I felt that the machine binding would hold up better to washing, but it is not as pretty.  I'm sure it will be loved just the same.


If I am not able to post again before Thanksgiving, I hope everyone has a happy and safe day!

Be sure to check out Judy L's blog to see what everyone is working on today.

Also linking up later this week with Let's Be Social and Quilt Story!

1 comment:

Lorna McMahon said...

Your Farm Girl blocks are super sweet! Such pretty fabric choices. I can't wait to see how their going to look together.... Guess I'll have to snoop around to see some older posts so I can get a peek at the other blocks, since it's my first visit here. Happy Thanksgiving!