Monday, February 08, 2016

Design Wall Monday 02/08/16


Not much happening on my Design Wall today.  My sister and I are taking the Amanda Jean Nyberg (Crazy Mom Quilts) Craftsy class called Colorful Scrap Quilting.  It is a scrappy row quilt.  I struggled with choosing colors, and then I decided to make it all green.  Green is my favorite color and I gave away the only all-green quilt that I made.  I hope it has enough interest and is not too bland.  Most of my stash is medium to dark colors.  I might throw in some other colors here and there to make it more interesting.  On Saturday I cut out the entire first row of the quilt, which is made up of two sizes of nine-patch blocks. On Sunday I managed to sew two blocks together.  Then I decided to watch the Super Bowl.  I just couldn't get motivated to sew.  I am bringing all of the pieces to my quilting class tonight, so hopefully I'll get some momentum going and sew the rest of the blocks.  Not a very exciting design wall, but at least it is not empty.  Once I get a few rows done, I'm sure I'll be more motivated to finish the project.

Be sure to check out Judy L's blog to see what is on everyone's design walls today.  Also linking up with Quilt Story on Tuesday and Let's Bee Social on Wednesday.

1 comment:

Charlene S said...

My mojo leaves at times, like now, and I find that 15 minutes at the machine can get a project done while waiting for her to come back.