Thursday, June 16, 2016

TBT 06/16/16


I thought I'd try out a Throw Back Thursday post.  I've seen other people make TBT posts, and since I haven't had much to show that is new, I thought I'd go for old!  I found this picture of a wall hanging that I made as a gift.  I can't recall exactly what year I made it, but I believe it was around 2006 (judging by the other pictures it was with).  I really like this one and it was not difficult to make.  It was a paper foundation pieced pattern that went together fairly quickly being that there are only four blocks.  I was able to use up some pink scraps for the petals.  Looking at it now, I think I would change the proportion of the two borders if I made it again.  I remember seeing this pattern again in my pattern stash when we moved a couple of years ago.  Maybe I'll dig it out and make myself a quilt with it.