Monday, July 11, 2016

Design Wall Monday 07/11/16


I'm all caught up with the Crossroads quilt along!  I had a fun day of sewing on Saturday.  I finally just decided to get to it and it was wonderful.  Now I just need to wait until Friday for the next set of instructions to come out.  I believe all of the chain blocks are next.  I'll need to switch to scrappy reds for that.  I surely did not make a dent in my stash of blues.  Oh well.  Maybe I'll piece a bunch together for the backing.  We'll see.

I've turned into a starched fabric convert.  I started starching my fabric before i start cutting.  I press it dry and then cut my pieces out.  Wow what a difference this has made.  The last two blocks above were made that way and they came out just perfect and lay very flat.  It takes more time but not so much when using scraps and working on one block at a time.  It would probably take quite a bit more time if I were working with yardage.

Be sure to check out Judy L's blog to see what everyone is working on today. Also linking up with Quilt Story and Let's Bee Social later this week.

2 comments:

Charlene S said...

I find that starch or Best Press does help when working with scraps.

SandraC said...

I've never starched but now I'm tempted! thanks