Thursday, March 13, 2008

Happy 100 to me!!!

Welcome to my 100th post! And you all say I don't post often enough! I'm celebrating by throwing a nation-wide day of quilting this weekend. I'll call it National Quilting Day! Just kidding -- National Quilting Day is certainly this Saturday, March 15, 2008, but I have nothing to do with it. Lots of the quilting shops, magazines, and webites are having specials and events for the day, so do try to check those out. Locally at the Laurel Leaf, it coincides with Julie (the owner) Murphy's birthday, and she is having a sale and cake and such on Saturday.

On another exciting note, CBS's Sunday Morning is doing a segment on quilting and they have profiled one of my favorites, Ricky Tims (see also previous post).

They generally post the segments on their website after they air, so that you can view them later if you miss the show. I'm really looking forward to it. Sunday Morning is a great show with a very eclectic variety of segment subjects, and they have more depth than the short snippets you see on other shows.

No comments: