Sunday, June 07, 2009

Stash Busting 2009 - Week 23


Edited to correct the block name (J3)...

Yay me! I got my first Dear Jane block done this weekend (not including the practice ones I made a few months ago...)! This is block J3, and it has a little piecing and a little applique. I cropped it so you can see what it will look like after the seam allowances are gone. I like it a lot and it wasn't too difficult. I'm on my way! Only 224 blocks to go. Hmm. I'm guessing I won't be as excited after 100 blocks or so.

Unfortunately for my stash busting efforts, I did buy some fabric this weekend. However, it was for the Dear Jane quilt! I got a few fat quarters to add some variety to the colors I have chosen and mapped out for the quilt. I got five fat quarters total, so 1.25 yards added.

Fabric in this week: 1.25 yards
Fabric out this week: 0 yards

Fabric in this year: 14.25 yards
Fabric out this year: 11.75 yards

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the block, almost makes me want to make one - - a block, not the quilt!

Sunshine said...

Beautiful fabric choices!!

You're doing great with the stash busting, or even just the non-stash building. I think my "fabric in this year" would be over 100 yards. I'm seriously addicted...

Cheers,
Christine

Robin said...

Oooo!!! I LOVE this block... that green fabric is gorgeous! (I do seem to have a thing for green Stickle blocks!) :P And congratulations on your first block! Woo hoo! (And, just so you know, I'm still excited and I'm more than half-way now... I think the key for me is pacing myself.)