Saturday, May 19, 2012

Dear Jane - I9

I finished this Dear Jane block this past week, but I just squared it up today.  It's funny because it looks out of shape in the photo.  I think it's an illusion because the larger triangles are not 90 degree angles, but the sides are.  The other funny thing about this block is that there are little white triangles on two of the outer corners.  These could have easily been eliminated by extending the white fabric from the sides of the triangles out to the corners.  The ladies in class and I were surmising that in the original quilt, Jane Stickle was probably a little short of fabric on those two corners and added a bit to make it the proper size.  And now we are all adding tiny bit of fabric to make the blocks just like hers.  I was stumped as to whether to do it her way or my way.  At the risk of never finishing the block, I made the decision to add the fabric like she did.

This was all foundation pieced, which is my favorite technique.  It has a lot of tiny pieces, but as long as you keep plugging along, it gets finished and looks great.

1 comment:

Robin said...

This one was a weird one. But it looks beautiful! Loving the red.