Sunday, January 31, 2010

Stash Busting 2010 - Week 5

The sun finally returned!! It has been raining non-stop here and it's really put me into a funk. Although we are in a drought (I can't really remember a time when "they" didn't say were weren't in a drought) I really don't care for the rain. I especially dislike driving in it. But finally this weekend we had sunny days both days. Our cat, Bear, couldn't get enough. He really enjoyed rolling around on the floor in the sun rays. Above you can see him in the sun, trying to fit into a box that is way to small for him. He's like me trying to fit into clothes that are just too small for me now!

Not much sewing going on still. I did get a Dear Jane block done today, though. It's B2. They are so small I don't think I can really count any measurable amount of fabric out of the stash. Maybe after the next one I make I'll count the combined amount out. I enjoyed making this block -- a little piecing and a little applique. I am really bummed that I got some ink on the back of the block, though. I printed the circle out on my ink jet printer, forgetting that the ink runs if it gets wet. I used starch in the seam allowance and a little bit bled into the seam line. You can't really see it in the picture, but it's there in person. After much deliberation, I decided to leave it.

Fabric added this week: 0.00 yards
Fabric used this week: 0.00 yards

Fabric added this year: 2.50 yards
Fabric used this year: 5.75 yards

Total stash busted this year: 3.25 yards

1 comment:

Robin said...

Beautiful Jane block! I had the same bleeding problem when I was attempting to prep one of my DJ blocks. Fortunately, I noticed before I actually started stitching it down. But it was definitely a valuable lesson!