The challenge was to use the two fat quarters shown below in an interpretation of the theme Spring Flowers. The two fabrics had to be an integral part of the quilt, and not just in the borders. We could add as much other fabric that we wanted. Other than that, it was pretty much anything we wanted to make. I decided to use the green print along with a solid white to make a kind of latice, and a vine and flowers appliqued over the top.
I tried quite a few different types of fabric flowers before settling on an origami style folded flower. Below are some of the practice flowers without their centers. I settled on the one on the far left, but the final ones looked much better in the purple fabric.