Sunday, April 13, 2008

Class Begins

Class begins again tomorrow night, Monday, April 14, 2008 at 6:00 at the VETS. Below are images of the class projects for this session. First is a table runner featuring the Duck & Ducklings block. I like the way certain blocks, particularly ones with triangles in the corners, have a completely different look when turned on point, which is why I chose this particular block for this project.


Next is a quilt with a very old block setting that you don't see too much anymore, which I'm calling Checkered Zig Zag. This would be a good way to set any kind of blocks, including sampler blocks.


Lastly is Floral Nine-Patch. An easy quilt that looks more complex because of the way the colors are positioned. This one ended up being quite big, and I didn't have any way to take a picture of it, so this is the EQ5 rendering I made. The colors are pretty close, except for the border, which is a plaid in the actual sample. I pulled the darkest fabric from my stash, and I didn't have enough of that orangy-red for the border, so I used a different fabric.


All of the samples are made and the directions are written and printed, so all systems are go for this session. I look forward to see all my friends and getting to know the new people who came to the preview last week.

Now it's time to start on the summer project...

No comments: