Sunday, May 11, 2008

Women's Clothing Month



It is Women's Sewing Month over on the Sew Mama Sew! blog. I have made clothing in the past (mostly when I was much younger), and it seems like a great way to have the clothes that you really want to wear; it's getting harder and harder for me to find fashions I like. However, I have always had a problem getting them to fit right. It takes time (and money) to make something and then I would put it on and it wouldn't fit just right, so I kind of gave up on making my own clothes. But I may be coming around... Sew Mama Sew! is having a Women's Sewing Month where all posts are about making clothes. From what I've seen so far, it starts from the vey beginning, with taking your own measurements and adjusting commercial patterns to fit them. I'm getting excited about actually being able to do this. This is the same blog that had the Handmade Holidays month late last year, and also a quilting month earlier this year. There are lots of photos to help you on your way.

No comments: