Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A5 Cathie's Campfire - practice


So I've finally chosen colors for my Dear Jane quilt, but now I need to buy enough background fabric for the entire quilt, which is quite a lot. Many people buy an entire bolt to make sure it carries them through the whole project. I'm going to head over to my local quilt shop this weekend and see what they have. If I order a bolt, I imagine it will take several weeks, and I'm dying to get started! In order to satisfy my Dear Jane urges, I made a practice block. As with all of the Dear Jane bloggers, the picture above doesn't really give a good idea of the scale of the block. It is a 4 1/2" block (5" unfinished as above). It is very cute, and I may have to carry it around with me for a few days so I can pull it out and look at it at will... Talk to me 100 blocks from now and I'm sure it will be a different story!!

No comments: