Sunday, July 13, 2008

Have I Gone Mad?

Okay, so it's not like I don't have any projects to work on. Why on earth would I decide to do this? Well, I just don't know. Some things just call to you, I suppose. As you can see from the picture above, I have decided to make a Dear Jane quilt. If you have not heard of this quilt, you can read all about it at the main website, hosted by Brenda Papadakis who wrote the book. In a nutshell, a quilter named Jane Stickle made a sampler quilt in the 1800's around the time of the civil war. It contained 225 blocks, most measuring 4 1/2 inches square. The others are triangular pieces in the border and also corner blocks. It is an astounding quilt that many many quilters have reproduced. There are clubs and on-line groups and all kinds of things designed to help quilters on their Dear Jane journey. I've joined one of the groups, and purchased the book, software and special rulers (see picture). I'm as yet undecided on my colors, but I'll decide soon and then I'll be on my way. This will be a quilt many years in the making. Wish me luck!


No comments: