Sunday, March 08, 2009

Stash Busting 2009 - Week 10

This weekend my mom, sister and I went to the San Francisco Quilt Guild's quilt show. The featured guest was the incredibly talented Judy Mathieson. She was there, as well as a wonderful showing of her quilts. Below are two of the ones featured (click to enlarge). It's always great to see famous quilts that you've only seen in pictures in person. We had a really nice day, and I only bought one fat quarter! (I had to -- it had monkeys on it!)


I also got a scrap/stash quilt top finished (minus the borders) this week. I'm estimating the amount of stash used, because a lot of it was smaller scraps that I had cut up into squares. I'm counting out the yardage this week, and I'll count out the borders (from stash) next week, as I'll be putting those on tomorrow night in class. I've got others in progress right now, so hopefully I'll be counting that out soon.

Fabric in this week: .25 yards
Fabric out this week: 5 yards

Fabric in this year: 11.75 yards
Fabric out this year: 8.75 yards

1 comment:

Scrappy-Quilter said...

great report and love the photos of the quilts - very pretty quilts.