Monday, June 22, 2009

Stash Busting 2009 - Week 25

I've never really tried to add a lot of pictures to any of my posts, and it looks like I'm limited to a certain number. I'll add more pictures to the next post.

Last week was the final class for the spring sewing session that I teach. We're off for the summer now and it's always a little sad to know that we won't be seeing each other for a few months, but the last class is always fun with lots of show and tell and a pot luck. I have door prizes and we draw for quilt blocks that we have made. I think this was my best session yet -- a good time was had by all. Here are some pictures of quilts (mostly tops or "flimsys") that people brought to show. Below is Lori with a project that she put together from a pattern she got through a program at one of the local quilt shops. I can't remember the name of it, but it is just wonderful.


Next she showed her version of one of the quilts that I presented this session. I called it Novelty Boxes. Very fast and easy.


Oh dear, here she is again with another project that I presented this time around. String pieced green squares alternated with applique flowers. Very pretty!


Here's one of my new students, Tippy, basting a quilt to be hand quilted over the summer. She quilted years ago and is getting back into it. It's been a while - she had never seen a rotary cutter!!


Here's Susan's quilt that she made for a challenge that one of the local quilt shops was having last year. We had never seen the final product, so she brought it in to show us. Nicely done, Susan!


I have more pictures for the next post, too.

On the stash busting front, I did pull a piece of fabric out of my stash to use as the focus fabric for a quilt for class in the fall. Unfortunately I had to buy two pieces to go with it. I did get all of the blocks made, but not put together yet. I'll have to count it all out when it's done, which will be soon -- maybe next week???

Fabric in this week: 4.00 yards
Fabric out this week: 0.00 yards

Fabric in this year: 18.50 yards
Fabric out this year: 12.75 yards

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

Hi, those are great quilts! About the photo uploading, you can do 5 at a time, but when they're up, just click on the image icon again and upload the next 5 images. I don't think there's a limit per post, at least I've never reached it and I've uploaded 30+ photos per post.
There is a (very large) maximum quote though, of how much storage space/mega bites you can use. A handy tool is the Windows Image Resizer power tool. Go to http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/Downloads/powertoys/Xppowertoys.mspx and find the "image resizer" on the right. In windows explorer, you can select all the photos you want to upload to blogger, right click on them and choose "Resize Images". I usually go with "medium". All your photos will get a smaller copy of them, just a few kilobites. It makes the upload much faster and saves quota space.

Any questions, email me.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Christine