Monday, January 17, 2011

Design Wall Monday 01/17/11


Okay, so my design "table" doesn't look like much.  This is about all I got done this weekend.  One lonely four patch and a pile of blue fabric.  But believe it or not, this is what I'm working on right now.  The four patch was to be the beginning of this project - but I decided to make changes and now I'm not sure where it's going at all. At least those four pieces came out of my scrap bin!  As for the blue pile, these also came from my scrap bin.  I was pulling fabrics to make this quilt from Moda Bake Shop.  I thought I'd use all blues from my stash and use a really nice tan fabric for the sashing strips that's been aging in my stash for several years.  The tan (not pictured) is one of those fabrics that I really like - so much that I haven't wanted to cut into it.  Why do we do that?  So even though it looks like a pile of nothing, there are a couple of projects there!

Check out Judy L's blog to see what other people have on their design walls!


2 comments:

Sarah said...

be brave and cut the fabric - you'll love having a finished project to enjoy that special fabric in!

Robin said...

That MBS quilt really would make a great scrap/stash quilt. Great idea!

And you'll love that tan fabric even more once you use it in a project. :)