Saturday, March 19, 2011

National Quilting Day 2011!


Today is National Quilting Day!  However, I won't be able to do any quilting.  Instead I'll be out with some friends taking a day trip up to Napa for some wine tasting.  But I'll be back to it tomorrow.  Above is one of my favorite quilts (still just a top right now).  I'm teaching it in my class this session, and the ladies are making some great versions.  I actually made this one several years ago, but I do remember it was one of the first that came mostly from stash.  I didn't have a border fabric when I started it, and it sat for years waiting for the right fabric to come along.  I was so pleased when I found this border print that had all the right colors.

I hope you are all happily quilting away today!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Goes to figure that we don't get to quilt on National Quilting Day! But a wine tasting in Napa sounds like a pretty fun alternative! :)