Friday, March 25, 2011

What the Hail?

Last Friday (actually Saturday morning) we had a crazy hail storm in Redwood City.  It had been rainy for a few days, but then around 3:00 am the wind started howling - you could almost hear it swirling around.  Then came the hail.  It was so loud and lasted so long I really got worried that our windows and skylight might break in.  Never in my life have I experienced hail like this.  The streets and rooftops were white as snow.  As you can see above, it was still there in our backyard when we got up in the morning.
In the morning, Lance gathered some of the hail pellets and took a picture to show how big they were - even hours later.  I think it's rained everyday since then, and I'm really getting tired of it!!  I can't wait for the sunshine to show up again.  I hear we'll get a break on Sunday - I hope that's true!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Here's hopin' that spring finally appears soon! :)