Sunday, May 15, 2011

Stash Busting 2011 - Week 20


I haven't posted about Stashbusting lately because there's been nothing-in and nothing-out.  But I must confess some purchases! The three fat quarters above were purchased at a Sew Many Quilts, a quilt shop in the town where my sister lives.  I also got a few pieces for my Dear Jane quilt, but I haven't been adding those to the official stash because they are dedicated to that project.  The three above just spoke to me for some reason - especially the orange one on the right.  My bigger purchase is actually going to help me bust my stash (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!).  I bought two bolts of fabric from The Fat Quarter Shop recently.  I bought a bolt of solid white and a bolt of solid black.  They have really good deals on their Moda and Robert Kaufmann solids, and I was able to combine that with a coupon and was very pleased with what I ended up paying.  The way I figure it, now that I have these fabrics on hand, I won't have to go out and buy background fabrics whenever I want to make a quilt.  I have plenty of stash, but it is mostly smaller pieces - not much yardage.  Let's see how long I can go now without buying anything (except for the DJ quilt).  It's a personal challenge!!

Fabric in this week:  30.75 yards
Fabric out this week:  0.00 yards

Fabric in this year:  34.75 yards
Fabric out this year:  4.75 yards

2 comments:

DeeDee said...

I am so impressed who folks who can make those teeny tiny making a DJ blocks. Your blocks looks really great.

Robin said...

Ah, happy fabrics! That's a smart idea, buying a couple of bolts. They really do have some good prices when you buy in bulk like that.