Monday, July 18, 2011

Design Wall Monday - 07/18/11


I actually have a design "wall" today!  This one was too big for the table.  My sister and I are working together on a quilt and here's how far we got in one day.  I just love the zig zag quilt.  It's so impressive looking, and yet so simple to make.  We'll be squaring off the sides (no setting triangles) and adding a couple of borders.  Working together worked out really great. We both cut and I sewed with she pressed and pinnned and did the layout.  I had made this quilt once before shown here, and I didn't realize that we ended up with the same colors as the first one until my sister pointed it out after it was sewn together.  Funny how that happened!  Now to choose borders...

See what others are doing on Judy L's blog!

3 comments:

kwiltnkats said...

I guess than it's safe to say you like these colors! Change the border fabric this time to something other than green and it won't look anything like the first one. Since the both of you are working together on this one--my question is--who gets to keep it? Sandi

carol fun said...

Oh I love a zig zag quilt and this one is so pretty!

AnnieO said...

Is this Amanda Jean's method (crazy mom quilts)? I like the easy no triangle method. This is really pretty!