Sunday, October 16, 2011

Stash Busting - Week 43

I went to the Pacific International Quilt Festival today.  I have tons of pictures that I'll hopefully get posted this week.  I actually did not buy very much fabric at all!  The only fabric I bought was some fat quarters for my Dear Jane quilt.  My personal rule for my own stashbusting is that I will not count any DJ fabric as stash.  It is dedicated to this particular project and technically not in my stash.  Once I use the fabrics, the scraps will be stash, but I'm not getting that detailed yet.  The rest of the things I bought are actually all gifts, so I won't show them here.  I'm really happy with the fabrics I chose.  They will fit into my quilt perfectly.  I could see that the prices of fabrics are really starting to increase.  Most of the fat quarters were about $3.00 each, which is about $.50 to $1.00 more than usual.  I hope they don't go up too high!  I haven't bought fabric lately because I've been using mostly stash, so this may be old news.

There were a few other fat quarters that I wouldn't have minded getting, but they were only being sold in bigger pieces, so I passed on them.  See how strong I am!!

As for this week, I'm counting nothing in, but unfortunately nothing out.  Hopefully I'll get some things finished soon!

No comments: