Monday, December 05, 2011

Design Wall Monday 12/05/11


I have been in kind of a sewing slump lately.  But I needed to get some projects ready for class, so I cruised the internet for inspiration and the dawn of an idea took place.  After playing around in EQ7, I came up with a great quilt and then was totally motivated to get working on it.  There were so many different ways I could go with the colors that I started to get stuck again.  Finally I put my hands on a fat quarter pack of batiks that were ear-marked for another project that won't be happening any time soon.  In no time I had my pieces all cut (shown above).


Then I had to decide how to arrange them.  These are the corners of bigger pieces layed out on my "design ironing board".  Now I just need to do some piecing and it will be done in no time.  It's amazing how much you can get done when you get motivated!

Be sure to check out all the Design Walls on Judy L's blog and get motivated like I did!!

3 comments:

Robin said...

Yummy colors!!! It is a wonderful thing when inspiration finally strikes.

Sue Daurio said...

great color palette!!

Daisy said...

Can't wait to see what we're going to be making!!! Love the batiks!