Thursday, April 12, 2012

Finally Finished


I finally finished the quilt top pictured above on Easter morning.  I put the last border on and then rushed out the door!  I brought it over to Easter dinner and when I opened it up to show everyone, my youngest nephew laid down on it and pretended to be asleep.  Very cute. I guess it passes the "good enough to use" test!  I'm calling it Chain Link.  There are black borders that you can't see in the picture.  I took a full picture of it on Monday night, but it was hanging kind of wonky.  I'll try to get another one soon.

It took about 5 yards (mostly) all out of my stash.  I ended up buying the narrow gold border, but the rest I already had!

I wasn't liking it very much as I was making it, but this kind of design really doesn't shine until it is all put together.  Now I'm pretty happy with it!

No comments: