Monday, September 03, 2012

Design Wall Monday 09/03/12

 
I'm almost finished with the Great Granny quilt top.  Above is where I am at the moment.  I have two side borders on and I need to add the top and bottom.  I really didn't want to piece the white border strips, and the center was just slightly wider than the width of my background fabric, so I decided to add corner blocks.  I made a square in a square block that I think fits well with the center design.


Here I'm attaching the borders.  I'll have it done by the end of the day!  I already want to make another one in different colors.  I'd love to make one with bright batiks and a black background.  But I'll have to leave that for another day.  Too many other projects on the worktable!

Be sure to check out Judy L's blog to see what everyone else is working on!

1 comment:

carol fun said...

Beautiful quilt! Love your fabrics!