Monday, August 19, 2013

Design Wall Monday 08/19/13


Above is the latest project that I've been working on (for a while).  It is a paper foundation pieced block that I am turning into a pillow.  I decided to back the block with thin batting so the seam allowances wouldn't show through the white fabric.  I knew I wanted to use grey and yellow/gold, but I really struggled with the choosing the fabrics.  Too many choices in my stash.  I wanted the two yellow fabrics to have a little more contrast, so it would have a bit of a 3D effect in that area, but in the end, I think the values are too close together to achieve that look.  Oh well, I think it still came out pretty nice.

There was no Mystery Mondays clue last week, but there should be a new one today, so nothing to show on that front.

Be sure to check out Judy L's blog to see what is one everyone's Design Walls today!

3 comments:

Julie S said...

This is a great block, and I think it did achieve a 3D look in the yellow star. What is the name of this block, and is a pattern available?

Mary said...

Cool star block. I have the same problem- too many fun fabrics to play with.

Sue Daurio said...

Wow, love the block and your fabric choices.