Monday, December 30, 2013

Design Wall Monday 12/30/13


I'm back! Life has gotten incredibly busy lately, and I haven't been sewing much. I took a little break from the craziness this weekend and did a tiny bit of sewing! Above is the small row of flying geese for the Quilty Fun Sew Along. I struggled with the technique a little, and I'm not crazy about the colors I chose, but that one is done. I ended up foundation piecing them. I have a couple more flying geese strips to make, but this is still progress!


For a long time now I've been wanting to make and donate a Quilt of Valor, so I designed something in EQ, and started cutting out pieces. These are some blue squares that will make star blocks. I'm going to try to get the entire quilt cut out of my stash and then I'll concentrate on piecing the blocks and putting it together. For now, I'll cut out blocks when I can spare some time.

Be sure to check out Judy L's blog to see what everyone else is working on today!

1 comment:

Ramona said...

I love the colors of your flying geese! And your blues are so soothing. Looking forward to seeing your progress on both quilts.