I managed to make three more blocks for the Farm Girl Vintage sew along. I've been working on some other projects that I can't show, and fell behind in the sew along. The block above is called Peas and Carrots. Lori's original version has the green and orange swapped (hence the name). However, my quilt was getting a little orange-heavy. I decided to swap the colors so that the orange was downplayed in my block. I think it came out pretty good!
Below is the Pinwheels block. Pretty straightforward. I am pleased that my points are pretty much right on.
Below is Pie Cherries block that didn't turn out so great. I was really looking forward to this one ever since I got the book. I even set aside the red prints early on so that I wouldn't use them somewhere else. This is the block that I mentioned in the last post, that I had been working on late at night. I turned around the center stem section and then took it out only to find that I had it right the first time. I put it back together the right way, but the top of the stem still doesn't seem to fit. I may re-make this later, or I might just leave it in. It is one of those things that probably only I will ever see.
I'll be on a long awaited vacation next week. I'll end up falling farther behind, but that's okay. We're almost at the end of the sew along now, and I'll have more free time to catch up in a couple of weeks.
Be sure to check out Judy L's blog to see what everyone else is working on today!