Monday, November 16, 2015

Design Wall Monday 11/16/15


Just one more Farm Girl Friday block finished this week.  Life's been busy, but I'm trying to get at least one block done a week.  I do have another one all cut out and ready to sew.  I think I only have 8 blocks left to make and then I can start assembling the top.  I have other projects in line waiting for this one to be finished, but I think I'll be sad when it's done.  It's been really fun making this one.  Never a dull moment because all of the blocks are different, and I've really tried to push the envelope with the colors.  Not that they are necessarily unusual, but they are out of the norm for me.  And I love it!!

I spent Saturday having a sewing day with my Mom and sister.  We do this every year to celebrate our birthdays.  It's always a good time.  We all worked on the same project in different colors, and they are all going to be so different! Can't wait to see how they all turn out.

Be sure to check out Judy L's blog to see what is on everyone's design walls today.

Also check out Let's Be Social over on Sew Fresh Quilts blog.  She has a link up on Wednesdays.  I found this blog recently and I'm hooked.  

Linking up with Quilt Story as well!

4 comments:

Monica said...

I love this block, and yours is perfect! The rose is a nice touch too. :D

Linda in Calif. said...

What a pretty block - love the fabrics and the rose in the center. And only 8 more to go - how can you stand it! I would want to stay up all night and finish it. (I wouldn't do that - I'm not good at staying up late.) Have fun with the rest of the blocks.

Lorna McMahon said...

This one is sweet, too! Love that you have featured pretty flowers in the center of some of your blocks.

Robin said...

Love the fussy cut center in this one... so happy!