Monday, December 21, 2015

Design Wall Monday 12/21/15


Call me crazy, but I can't stop making tiny patchwork!  I recently came across a short sew along on the Temecula Quilt Company blog, for the 12 days of Christmas.  The blocks are TINY.  They finish at 2 1/4".  Above I put them next to one of my Farm Girl Vintage blocks, which is a 6" finished block.  I thought I could use up some random charm squares that I had lying around, but now I have scraps from those 5" squares!  That's how little fabric is needed for these blocks.  Of course I have 100 other things that I should be working on, but it was a fun little diversion.


I'm having a heck of a time taking pictures lately.  It's been so dark out that all of the pictures are turning out terrible.  I grabbed another picture of one of the wreath ornaments I made that I showed last week.  There are a lot of shadows, but now you can see it all finished.  I really enjoyed making these and I think they look really neat.  The back looks exactly the same as the front, but without the bow.  The pattern is by Betz White and is sold on Etsy as a downloadable pattern.  I wanted to use the same silvery ribbon that she used, but I bought 1/8" wide ribbon instead of 1/4".  It came out way too small, so I had to use what I had on hand, which was white.

Be sure to check out Judy L's blog to see what is on everyone's design walls today.  I'll also link up with Let's Bee Social on Wednesday and Quilt Story on Tuesday.

3 comments:

Deb said...

Cute wreath! I am loving tiny also but using most of them for mug rugs! Yours look awesome.

Lorna McMahon said...

Those tiny blocks are so cute! I can see how they could be quite addictive. And your wreath is also very pretty. Great idea for ornaments. So festive! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Amy DeCesare said...

Lovely post - the little wreath is stunning!